Dental Implants FAQs
What are dental implants? What are 4M Dental Implants? Does the procedure hurt? What do I do following surgery? Dental Implant FAQ’s are some of our most frequently asked questions with the answers to help you make the right decisions.
Didn’t find what you are looking for here? Call us at (702) 220-6666, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
A dental implant is the most permanent, realistic way to replace missing teeth.
Three basic parts make up a dental implant: the crown, an abutment, the titanium screw. The screw is implanted into your jaw bone, the abutment attaches to the screw connecting the implant and the crown.
Unfamiliar with some of these terms? Check out our Dental Definitions page.
Implants restore your ability to eat and taste all your favorite foods, smile, speak, and laugh without embarrassment or pain.
No other tooth replacement option looks, feels, and functions more like real teeth than dental implants.
Read more about dental implants here.
The 4M Dental Implants treatment is a specialized, high-end dental implant procedure that permanently replaces missing or diseased teeth. With as few as four implants Dr. Sean Mohtashami can replace an entire arch of teeth. By strategically placing the implants, Dr. Sean utilizes maximum bone which also adds to the implants strength.
4M’s aren’t bulky like dentures, and are permanent unlike any other tooth replacement option out there. Maintenance is minimal and with proper care, 4M Dental Implants can last a lifetime.
In one day you can have the smile you’ve always wanted. Walk in with your old teeth and walk out with a radiant smile with 4M Teeth in a Day.
Dr. Sean stands behind his work with a lifetime warranty on the implants.
You can find Dr. Sean Mohtashami at one of his three 4M locations:
All Bright Dental Las Vegas (702) 220-6666
4M Dental Implant Center Newport Beach (949) 646-2420
4M Dental Implant Center Long Beach (562) 242-2075
4M consultations are always FREE. Click HERE to schedule an appointment for All Bright Dental Las Vegas. Click HERE to schedule an appointment for 4M Dental Implant Center Newport Beach or Long Beach.
Anyone who is missing one or more teeth due to disease, injury, or any other reason may be a candidate for dental implants.
The beauty of dental implants, and 4M specifically, is that this procedure makes maximum use of minimal bone. If you’ve been turned away in the past there’s still hope, come on in to All Bright Dental and see how Dr. Sean can help you.
Take our quiz, Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Replacing painful, diseased, or missing teeth will change your life; you use them every single day for eating, smiling, laughing, communicating. Feel confident when dealing with customers, clients and coworkers, friends and family. Your smile will be immortalized in wedding photos, family photos and selfies.
What you get with our implants over anyone else’s is the skill, precision, and expertise of Dr. Sean and his associates. There is no matching what Dr. Sean accomplishes, he is an artist, watch him work and you’ll see how smoothly and confidently his hands move.
We stand behind our work and offer a lifetime warranty on your implants. All Bright Dental has competitively priced dental implants and encourage you to compare.
There is a lot that goes into planning an implant treatment. In order to get a precise amount of what your procedure will cost, you need to come in for an exam and X-rays – consultations are FREE. At this very first visit we can tell you exactly what you can expect to pay. Our treatment coordinators will immediately find the financing option that best fits your budget. Be assured that we will work with you, any dental insurance you have, and the financing institutions we’ve teamed up with to help you get the smile of your dreams.
Dental implants are a quality, necessary investment that can last you a lifetime.
At All Bright Dental you know you’re getting what you paid for.
The price we quote you at your initial complimentary consultation is the WHOLE price – FROM BEGINNING TO END. Our prices include:
- BOTH SETS OF TEETH: your temporary/healing set and your final, permanent set
- All post op visits
- A LIFETIME WARRANTY on your implants
You may have noticed that practices are beginning to advertise lower prices for implants. What you’re not being told is that you’re ONLY paying for your first set of teeth, your healing set. You will have to come up with another chunk of money to get your finals.
At All Bright Dental, we tell you the day of your consultation exactly what you need, and exactly what it costs from beginning to your finals.
Call today to set up your consultation! (702) 220-6666
You can smile – anywhere, with anyone, as big as you like.
You can eat – all your favorite foods without worry or pain.
Your confidence will soar – come out from behind your hand.
Feel better – chewing fully allows your body to digest food and get from it the nutrients your body needs.
Take pictures with your friends and family – don’t miss out on the fun.
Enjoy life – you can stop worrying about your teeth all of the time.
Call to set up your FREE consultation. (702) 220-6666.
That’s the whole point! Nothing looks more like natural teeth than dental implants. Take a look for yourself: 4M Dental Implants Smile Gallery
You can expect to be here for approximately an hour to 90 minutes when receiving a single implant, they can often be done without anesthesia and that cuts down on the length of the procedure.
A 4M Dental Implant treatment replaces one or both arches and will require I.V. sedation, both adding time to the procedure. Expect to be here for the day.
The good news is that most patients report that they were much more comfortable following the procedure than they had anticipated. But as with any surgery, some soreness and swelling can be expected and you can expect a single implant to cause less discomfort than placing several might.
It seems that day 3 is often the day you’ll experience the most discomfort because by then all the medicine from the surgery is out of your system.
We offer our patients anesthesia and sedation options to help reduce any discomfort during the procedure or any anxiety going into it. Medications to ease discomfort the days following will be prescribed by your doctor. Remember to take your pain medication before you start feeling anything.
Follow these instructions to ensure a successful healing after your surgery.
- Take medications as prescribed – UNTIL FINISHED.
- Some medications may cause an upset stomach or dizziness, so we recommend to take medications with food.
- Elevate your head for the remainder of the day following surgery.
- Limit your physical activity, no strenuous lifting or exercising within the first week of healing.
SWELLING AND BRUISING:
- Swelling and bruising is normal as your body is healing from surgery. Expect the most discomfort 2-3 days after surgery.
- Place an icepack on your face over the surgical area. Alternate 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.
- Slight bleeding is to be expected; some seepage will occur, this is normal. If you experience excessive bleeding, apply pressure with gauze, or if it is an emergency, go to your nearest emergency room.
AT HOME CARE:
- No vigorous rinsing, brushing, or Hydroflossing (water flossing) the day of surgery.
- Begin rinsing gently with Peridex 24 hours after your surgery and continue to use as directed.
- Begin Hydroflossing two days after surgery; use the lowest setting until you are seen at your two week post op. Brush your prothesis with warm water and a toothbrush. You can use mild toothpaste after two weeks (Colgate Tarter Control).
- Use Hydrofloss a minimum of 2x a day, ideally after every meal.
EATING AND DIET:
- It is critical to be on a liquid diet for two weeks following your surgery. Do not apply any force or pressure on the implants. It is imperative not to disturb the implant and bone integration process.
- Avoid liquid hot foods and drinks for 3-4 days following your surgery. This can cause your surgical area to become exposed.
- Do NOT use a straw. Suction from the use of a straw can cause bleeding.
- After two weeks you can graduate to a soft food diet during your healing process. See our page “What Can I Eat After Surgery” for food and diet recommendations. Avoid foods that require a lot of chewing movements and pressure.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Avoid alcohol while taking medications.
Dr. Sean stongly advises you to AVOID smoking after surgery. Smoking delays the healing process, increases discomfort, and may cause an infection or implant failure.
Dental implants are fairly simple to clean and maintain – you just have to be sure to do it! Brush and floss your teeth like you normally would. Use a water pik for additional cleaning in the harder to reach areas. All Bright Dental provides a Hydro Floss to all our 4M patients for free. A Hydro Floss is a high-quality oral irrigator that cleans under the gum line and removes plaque and food debris between your teeth.
Once a year you’ll come in for a 4M cleaning where we’ll remove your prosthetic for a deep, thorough cleaning around your implants. By maintaining your cleanings with us, we will honor a lifetime warranty on your implants!